Trendy Hotels in Los Angeles
Staycation: Top 5 boutique hotels that define hip and chic
Wedding season is fast approaching, which means it’s time for groomsmen and bridesmaids to start planning parties and getaways. Or maybe you and some buddies simply want to get away from the daily grind of work and just unwind without spending a pretty penny. If that’s the case, a staycation is in order for you. It’s less expensive than traveling and you can still make it an experience that feels like you’re way away.
5 Trendy Hotels in Los Angeles
1) At Maison 140 in Beverly Hills, Europe and Asia imaginatively coalesce resulting in chinoiserie styling throughout the hotel with popping colors of red and white, black and gold accents. Rooms may not be as spacious, but its warm and inviting space will reel you in. Dimly lit Bar Noir offers cocktails and drinks until 1:30am. Ask about their wine and cheese tastings. www.maison140beverlyhills.com
Avg nightly rate: $215
2) A creation of the Morgans Hotel Group, Mondrian is a modern luxury urban retreat located in West Hollywood. A recent $35 million renovation turns everything up a notch with rooms that are spacious, crisp and chic with custom-designed furniture. Attractions include an outdoor pool that plays underwater music, Asia De Cuba restaurant, ADCB lounge and Skybar, which overlooks the pool as well as LA. If you’re looking for trendy and contemporary, this hotel is it. www.mondrianhotel.com
Avg nightly rate: $360
3) The go-to place for celebrities and music industry elites seeking R&R, Sunset Marquis Hotel and Villas takes privacy and luxury seriously. The West Hollywood hotel emanates sophisticated hip glamour starting from its spacious rooms, spa, bar, restaurant down to their secret high-end recording studio below. Ask for their weekend getaway package. And if you happen to be a star that can’t seem to get away from the paparazzi, diversion tactics are available upon request. www.sunsetmarquis.com
Avg nightly rate: $375
4) Eye candy for design-conscious urbanites, the Viceroy Santa Monica hotel is a charming getaway with the perk of a seaside. Swanky interiors and bold design, Viceroy has a selection of rooms with soothing ocean views. Feast inside their acclaimed restaurant Whist and their stylish Cameo Bar for some good times. www.viceroysantamonica.com
Avg nightly rate: $440
5) Situated in Beverly Hills, SLS Hotel is a Philippe Starck design masterpiece that never fails to wow guests with oohs and ahhs. Find out for yourself as you enter a fun excursion with amenities including a rooftop pool; the spa, which offers six private spa treatment rooms, as well as men’s and women’s locker areas with separate steam rooms; 2,500-square-feet fitness center; and memorable restaurants and lounges that serve up playful drinks and tantalizing culinary experiences. www.slshotels.com
Avg nightly rate: $420
To get the best deals on these hip and trendy hotels, bid on Priceline.com or find deals on trustable sites including Orbitz.com and Hotels.com.